Promotor Education and Employment Project &
Multi-Cultural Community Health Educator Program (MCCEP)
A partnership program between El Concilio of San Mateo County and Cañada College.
The PEEP/MCCHEP curriculum is designed to prepare individuals for entry-level positions in community-oriented health and social services. It provides a family oriented, culturally and linguistically appropriately and sensitive approaches to health & human service delivery, information and referral sources, and client advocacy in various settings.
- Increase accessibility and participation of culturally diverse residents in community health & human services.
- Decrease the incidence and prevalence of chronic diseases among underserved and low income communities.
- Increase the number of bilingual/bicultural community residents into local health and human services jobs.
Our goal is to prepare cadres of multi-cultural, multi-lingual residents of San Mateo County for local occupations or continuing education in the health and human service fields.
- Successful graduates effectively serve a diverse community and focus on the health and well being of these communities
- Become employable in the health and human services labor industry
- Influence change throughout the health & human service delivery systems serving multiethnic/multi-cultural populations
EL CONCILIO OF SAN MATEO COUNTY'S Mission is to improve the quality of life for Latinos and other underserved communities by increasing leadership, education and employment opportunities, and access to quality health care in San Mateo County.
CAÑADA COLLEGE'S Mission is to ensure that students from diverse backgrounds achieve their educational goals by providing quality instruction. Their aim is to foster students' personal development and academic success.
- Computer Applications, Part I or II
- CBOT 430 or 431 Information/Referral: Community Resources
- HMSV 161 Introduction to Family Support
- HMSV 262 The Life Cycle of the Family
- MSV 264 Family Development Portfolio I
- HMSV 265 Family Development Portfolio II
- HMSV 266 General Health Science
- HSCI 100 Communicable Diseases
- HSCI 105 First Aid
- HSCI 430 CPR: Adult, Child, Infant
- HSCI 432 Special Topics in Health Science
- HSCI 665 COOP Ed: Internship
- HMSV/COOP 672
For more information Contact:
Gloria Flores-Garcia, El Concilio of San Mateo County at (650) 373-1084
or Julie Mooney at Cañada College (650) 325- 6936